PreHeader Home Page Home Page Customer Service Contact Us Get A Quote
Auto Insurance Home Insurance Business Insurance Life InsurancePostHeader

  • Wind-related damage to a house, contents and other structures on the property are generally covered under standard homeowners insurance policies. Wind-driven snow or freezing rain that enters the home because it was damaged by wind or water is also generally covered.
  • Limbs from trees that damage a house or other structure on your property would be covered for both the damage the trees causes to the house, and the cost of removing the tree, generally up to about $500 from the house. Ice or other objects that fall on the home are also generally covered by a standard home policy.
  • Damage to the house and contents that is caused by weight of snow and ice that creates a collapse is generally covered under standard homeowners insurance policies.
  • Conditions such as freezing that causes burst pipes or ice dams (a condition where water is unable to drain properly through the gutters) and subsequently seeps into the dwelling causing damage to ceilings and walls, is covered. However, there is generally a requirement that the homeowner has taken reasonable steps to prevent these losses by keeping the house warm and properly maintaining the pipes and drains.
  • Melting snow or water that seeps into a home from the ground or through walls would not be covered by home insurance.  This type of loss would be covered by flood insurance, which is provided by the National Flood Insurance Program. Flood insurance is available to homeowners, condo owners, and tenants. Damage caused by flooding is not covered by standard homeowners, condo or renters insurance policies.
  • Standard homeowners policies also include additional living expenses in the event that a home is severely damaged by an insured disaster. This would pay for reasonable expenses to live off the insured premises while the home is being repaired.
If your property is damaged as a result of a winter storm, you should contact The Giovanetti Agency as soon as possible.  We’ll need to make an assessment of the extent of the damage and then start the process to mitigate further damage and file a claim with your homeowners or flood insurance carrier.
Posted 12:12 PM

Share |

No Comments

Post a Comment
Required (Not Displayed)

All comments are moderated and stripped of HTML.
Submission Validation
Change the CAPTCHA codeSpeak the CAPTCHA code
Enter the Validation Code from above.
NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only. It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between you and the blog and website publisher.
Blog Archive
  • 2016
  • 2015
  • 2013
  • 2012

View Mobile Version
Giovanetti Insurance Agency   |   PO Box 1688, Medford, NJ, 08055   |   856-231-7500                                               Powered by Insurance Website Builder
RSS Home Page About Us Our Services Newsletters Get A Quote Contact Us